Friday 17 January 2014

Working With Water

I dropped this broach into the fish tank upside down...then when editing I turned the picture upside down to give the effect of them jumping out of the water.

I liked the effect of the bubbles in the broach and the top of the tank.  It also has a great reflection.

I loved the colors of these buttons (Ruth Blackmon and I worked on this project).  Also timing it so that there was a good reflection in the surface of the water.


Strawberries were fun to work with...again it takes timing and patience.

Glycerin and food colouring dropped into the tank.  The glycerin works well because it only disperses slightly and then sinks to the bottom of the tank without muddying up the water too much!  Of course...this is a mirror image.

Mirror image twice.

3 comments:

John St. Pierre said...

Hi Sharon,
These are all exceptional photos! You must be spending just about every waking moment working on taking these photos. I can imagine it taking a lot of work to get these results. Just about any of these would make excellent printed images. Keep up the good work! John

Sharon said...

Thank you kindly John! So good to hear from you! Miss our photo shoots with you all. I have been consumed with photography (and shuffleboard :) Ruth, a friend of mine here, and I are always trying something different.
I am going to put a presentation together for the St.T. meeting in May. Take care and stay safe! The weather up there is terrible! Cheers John!

Anonymous said...

Sharon... Love the upsode down fish bowl and the strawberry shot. Gives me a few ideas.

Youdo terrific work and I a mglad that I stopped by your blog

Jim le Roadrunner