Tuesday 20 March 2012

RIO GRANDE VALLEY LIVESTOCK SHOW & RODEO

This little guy...maybe 4 yrs. old - goes into the Mutton Bustin' competition!


Doesn'ts she have the most beautiful eyes!  Such a sweetie!

I just loved this one!
































"Mutton Bustin"

John and I  had a wonderful time at our first Rodeo/Livestock Show.  I apologize for the "noisy" shots but wanted to at least show you what we saw and the fast-paced action.  I could not get my 28 - 300 lens to open up enough or to get a fast enough speed and ended up having to use 3200 ISO!  But in the end at least I got practice and had fun and that is what it is all about!   Enjoy!


You can see how the man in the blue was keeping the bull away from the rider.  They sure knew what they were doing!
Notice the chest protection gear they wear now.  Some wore helmets too!

These to cowboys were in a small skit and had come out of the dressing room right across and down from my top seat at the show.  They caught my eye and performed for me.  I love this shot!

This guy was one of the hundreds of cattle on display in the big barns.  They treat them like royalty!


Part of the Budweiser team.  John loved the big truck...I love the horses!
Looks like these men were having the time of their lives!


Hey Amego!  Let me have some!








Come on...just a bit closer...let me taste that camera!


Oh boy! Oh Boy!  Can I take this home??  Please!!!

2 comments:

Wendy Tippin said...

Wow, I really liked a lot of these rodeo pictures. I love the goat with the blue tag and the little kid on the sheep. John looked like the kid in the candy store with the Bud Truck!!

Jean Peterson said...

Great shots, Sharon; loved the mutton bustin'. Reminds us of the FFA livestock show we attended last year, although no rodeo atthat one. Tell John to have aBud for me. Hugs to both of you.